Sunday 10 August 2008

Gosh, I Guess He Likes My Blog

Laughing Wolf presented me with this award:



I, in turn, am presenting it to the following bloggers:

BernardL for his ongoing "Cold Blooded" serial, which keeps getting better each day;

Rima at The Hermitage, for her wonderful drawings and clocks;

Gabriele Campbell, at Lost Fort, for her terrific photos of castles accompanied by interesting narrative;

Ferrel Moore at The Writer and The White Cat, for providing interesting book reviews on books I want to read next. My stack is growing;

Travis Erwin, for introducing me to the My Town Monday gang which has improved my writing skills;

Lana Gramlich, for her great photographs of Louisiana; and

Pattinase, for an interesting blog on Detroit with her viewpoints and asking me to join Forgotten Fridays Books.

11 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, Barbara. I was going to remind everyone tomorrow so you saved me one email. I'll have your link up on Friday. Can't wait to see your choice. And thanks here for the praise. You too for being the historian of the group.

Rick said...

Barbara, we should present you with an award for your largesse! I lived in Canada for 8 years, and they were indeed wonderful years.

And I have a question for you: I'm doing research on an area in Ontario called Gargantuan Bay. The legends about it are wonderfully frightening- giant creatures and the like. The Native American population in the area is quite certain that it's haunted. Anything you've heard that might be helpful in my research?

BernardL said...

Thank you, Barbara, I appreciate your comments on my serial. You write factual information as well as anyone I've ever read. Your award was very much deserved.

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats. Well deserved. I bet lana will be pleased too.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Aw, that's so sweet of you. Thank you very much.

Rima Staines said...

Thank you Barbara :) That is very kind of you indeed...
I am happy you have enjoyed your hermitage wanderings...
All bests to you
Rima

laughingwolf said...

i do like your blog, barbara... your award is well deserved

Barbara Martin said...

Patti, many of my co-workers through the years were unaware of the rich history early Canada had, and when I began my blog I considered incorporating history along with my fiction writing. My novel manuscripts have bits of history in them, too.

Ferrel, that's because I'm a Leo and a Tiger under Chinese astrology.

As to your query, I have a neighbour who is an Ojibway from Parry Island and I will ask him about the area.

Bernard, thank you kindly, and you do deserve yours, too.

Charles, thanks.

Barbara Martin said...

Gabriele, you are very welcome. Your site has generated a multitude of ideas for my second manuscript which takes place in the 12th century. I look at one of the photos and the ideas spring forth.

Rima, your sketches and creative handiwork is amazing. You make the most beautiful and inspirational clocks!

Tony, thank you very much.

Travis Erwin said...

thanks for the award. MTMs wouldn't be the same without your entertaining history lessons.

Barbara Martin said...

Traivs, you're very welcome and well deserving. I will keep digging into the research material to keep the history posts fun.