[1-click to enlarge both photos]
The falls, at 30 meters high, are located in the Eugenia Falls Conservation Area of 23 hectares along the Niagara Escarpment. They were discovered in 1852 as a result of a ‘Fools Gold’ rush.
The name for the falls had been suggested by ex-soldiers of the French Army (Crimean War) after Princess Eugenie, wife of Napoleon III.
For more information about the falls and the gorge go here.
Source: Grey Sauble Conservation Authority
Photo Credits: -Calypso Orchid CC=nc-nd-flickr.
Marie-Antoinette and Carnival
7 hours ago