[1-Watching the waves from the pier - click to enlarge]
This 62.8 acre park is located on the banks of the Etobicoke Creek where it flows into Lake Ontario. The First Nations people frequently visited the area and named the creek Etobicoke which means “place where the wild alders grow”.
What are these two guys looking at?
[2-Two Drake Mallards on Lake Ontario - click to enlarge]
What all guys like to look at...
[3-Female Mallard with cold feet - click to enlarge]
In 1954 after Hurricane Hazel devastated a number of low-lying properties, the park was created. Further parkland was acquired from nearby municipalities and the governments of Ontario and Canada.
[4 -West side of Etobicoke Creek emptying into Lake Ontario - click to enlarge]
The park is named after Marie Curtis, a reeve of Long Branch, to commemorate her outstanding contributions to municipal government in the village of Long Branch and the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto from 1953 to 1962.