Tuesday 13 October 2009

Willow's Manor Ball

[1]



It's been such a hectic day finding just the perfect dress for Willow's Annual Ball. Finally I decided on a dress from the 1950s in navy blue with gold trim, similar to the green below.




[2-click to enlarge]















As a dance partner I tend to stick to the tried and true, and asked Prince Charming if he would give me a couple of spins around the floor like last year. The champagne tends to make me a little dizzy and with all that whirling around, well what better arms to fall into.





For those unable to view embedded videos, here's the link.


For other participants in this lavish affair visit here.



Photo Credits: [1]-tulje CC=nc-sa-flickr, [2]-carbondated CC=nc-sa-flickr.

12 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Barbara, your dress is so very elegant in a Grace Kelly way. Navy is always so regal.

Lovely to see you at the ball! ~xx

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Omigosh, tres elegant!

Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara, Thank you for your visit. I absolutely love the dress and the video was great. Richard Chamberlain. I have never seen that.
Yes, this was an exciting fun thing to do. I don't think I will ever get around to everyone though.
QMM

Miss Robyn said...

such a divine dress! did you wear a corsage? very 1950's... did you taste that divine dessert they served? the chocolate one? I had two ;)

Nancy said...

It was such a pleasure to meet you at the Ball, and I must say, you and Prince Charming can dance like there's no tommorow!

Cloudia said...

OOOO!
I feel five years old watching the adults prepare for a special evening.


Aloha, Friend!

Comfort Spiral

Sandra Leigh said...

Such a lovely gown! And Prince Charming! You're quite right. What better arms to fall into?

Rune Eide said...

Have fun - it looks like it is going to be!

Mimi said...

Barbara, that dress was a splendid choice, and I must say you looked stunning in it!
What a night, it was mighty fun!

Barbara Martin said...

What a wonderful evening! Poor Willow has that awful chore of cleaning up after her guests left. The chocolate mousse with strawberries was divine dessert. Sigh, but good thing it was cyber dessert...no calories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara -fun wasn't it!!

Rick said...

Sounds like quite the event, Barbara, and you must have reigned over it!